New Dawn supports GURPS Character Assistant 4!
- see also Setting up a character for Maptools.
Official GDFs Edit
- GURPS 4th edition
- Divine Favor
These will be included in the next data update for GURPS Character Assistant 4.
New Dawn GDFs Edit
The "ND_House_Rules.gdf" file contains all the house rules necessary for character creation, such as the the Resistance Template.
The "ND_EAD.gdf" contains a modified version of the Easier Armor Desgin equipment. This isn't necessary unless you want GCA to correctly calculate the weight and cost of any armor you purchase.
- To add a new armor, start by going to the Equipment tab and filtering against "Armor - Body Armor - Build Your Own".
- Select a base armor type from one of the options.
- In the "Armor Location List" pop up window, select the locations that the armor covers. GCA will create the new armor with DR 1 and no other modifiers.
- In the "Character Equipment" panel, double click on the new armor so that the "Simple Edit" window opens. I usually rename the armor at this point, so that the name describes it (ie, "Leather gloves" or "Mail hauberk") and the extension has coverage and material ("hands" or "torso, thighs, arms") but that's up to you.
- Click on the "Modifiers" button to bring up the "Modifiers" dialogue. At a minimum, select the Armor DR modifier. If you want armor with DR 2 or more, you must add the Armor DR modifier and then double-click on it to bring up the "Edit Modifier" dialog and adjust the Level to your final desired DR.
- Add any other desired modifiers and close the "Modifiers" dialogue and then "Simple Edit" dialogue. GCA will recalculate the cost and weight of your armor.
- You can adjust the modifiers as you see fit, but the only way to adjust location coverage is by creating a new armor.